Research Presentation by Sheryl Nussbaum-Beach on "Electronically Mentoring to Develop Accomplished Professional Teachers."
- Choosing your mentor based on posted background for 1-to-1 or group mentorship
- Providing Mentor-only space for them to collaboarate
- Almost all asynchronous and a closed community - with "guest speakers"
- Heavily facilitated in begining, then became behind the scenes - need a good community leader
- Mentors were well versed in online communities ffrom TLN
- Started with structured questions then evolved to Just-in-Time Q&A
- Did alot to build trust and building a community of practice
- Multiple directions of conversation and support
- 110 is when they met critical mass