Monday, March 4, 2013

NCTIES this week!

I love conferences (I think that is obvious :) but I REALLY love my local NC conference on Technology in Education, NCTIES. It just feels like one big reunion where I get to be immersed in the awesomeness that is technology integration in NC!  It will be taking place in Downtown Raleigh near the end of the week and has the theme of Game On: Play to Learn (I have a feeling Lucas Gillespie may have had some influence on that). There will be some amazing speakers this year including Mark Prensky, David Warlick, and Richard Byrne.

This year I have the honor to present with a group of amazing people.

Running your own PD: Edcamp Style 
How do you get buy-in from faculty and staff for your professional development? How do you share the collective knowledge of your faculty with one another? Use the Edcamp model to flip traditional PD on it's head!
Strand:  Professional development

Bethany Smith, NC State University
Steven Anderson, Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools
Dorene Bates, Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools
Marlo Gaddis, Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools
Mark Samberg, Bertie County Schools

We will be presenting during Concurrent Session  6 on Thursday, March 7 which is from 3:40pm-4:30pm in Room 304.

I hope you will get the chance to drop by and see us!
 

No comments: